Part-Time Technical Writer – Analyst IIINovember 20, 2023
Job description – Website Developer – Specialist III
- ITnova is an IT and engineering consulting company dedicated to supporting government agencies with innovative and flexible IT solutions. With our advanced technology, we are committed to supporting the Federal and State government’s mission and goals while providing seamless customer service.
- At our company nothing is more important than our people. Supporting and protecting our employees, families, and community has been, and continues to be, our focus.
- Onsite work at 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City NJ with possible meetings at other Port Authority Facilities in the NY/NJ area
Scope of work
- The Web Site Designer Specialist 3 shall work within the Digital Customer Service group of the Port Authority’s Technology Department (TEC), responsible for working with business partners to prioritize and execute designs required to deliver business results.
- The successful candidate will work will assist the Port Authority continue a much-needed evolution of our websites and mobile applications in this digital revolution.
- Managing all website analytics and producing standard and custom reports.
- Wireframe and prototype development.
- Graphic production.
- Video editing and publishing.
- Website analytics design and maintenance, analyze data at a granular level, summarize concisely and report out key learnings, share trends from raw data, provide direction on site enhancements.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Develop and execute SEO strategies for multiple websites tailored to industry best practices.
- Participate in strategy and brainstorm sessions with colleagues and clients.
- Customer CMS training in Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress and OpenText WSM.
- Handle Daily Ad-Hoc service calls, troubleshooting and resolution.
Experience and qualifications
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer programming, or certification in web design/development, plus at least 4 years professional experience performing web design/development or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Additional experience and qualifications include:
- Expertise with Adobe Experience Manager.
- Expertise with WordPress.
- Knowledge and experience in graphic production using software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, in addition to a working knowledge of vector-based software applications such as Adobe Illustrator; After Effects or motion design a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps and Azure Cloud Services.
- Experience within the Agile process.
- Experience with sitemaps, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager implementation, in- depth keyword research.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Knowledge of databases, such as MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle and/or MySQL.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Experience in source/version control.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of industry standards in website development, Web/Mobile accessibility standards and web-related products and technology.
- Knowledge and experience in working with PDF files and the Adobe Acrobat suite.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills, critical for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clients and staff.
- Planning, organizational and time management proficiencies.
- Writing and editing aptitude, and exceptional attention to detail; strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize time based on team needs.
- Knowledge of web application security best practices.
- Must sign PA Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Must obtain Secure Workers Access Consortium (SWAC) background check.