ServiceNow CMDB Analyst – Project Manager IINovember 20, 2023
Technical Training Instructor – Analyst IIINovember 20, 2023
- ITnova is an IT and engineering consulting company dedicated to supporting government agencies with innovative and flexible IT solutions. With our advanced technology, we are committed to supporting the Federal and State government’s mission and goals while providing seamless customer service.
- At our company nothing is more important than our people. Supporting and protecting our employees, families, and community has been, and continues to be, our focus.
- Onsite work at 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City NJ with possible meetings at other Port Authority Facilities in the NY/NJ area
Scope of work
- The Specialist II Contractor shall serve as a ServiceNow ITSM Specialist working for the Technology (TEC) Customer Service Unit within the Technology Department, which is responsible for working with clients to understand their business requirements and translating them into technical solutions on the Agency’s ServiceNow platform (a.k.a. TECNow).
- Under the direction of the IT General Manager of Customer Service, the ServiceNow CMDB Analyst will be experienced with ServiceNow implementations of ITSM and will have practical experience with the implications of sustaining those processes. The ServiceNow ITSM Specialist will be part of the TEC Customer Service project team focused on supporting the day- to-day ServiceNow solution implementation needs and questions. The Contractor shall ensure the successful delivery of ServiceNow solutions and services by the Agency’s IT managed service provider.
- Work with business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners / supplier communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of the ServiceNow IT service management tool, executed to high quality standards.
- Interface and be involved with ServiceNow implementation teams to ensure successfully set up service modules as per scope.
- Act as internal technical subject matter expert for all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including application UI configuration, workflow configuration, development of required Agency specific reporting, development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.)
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team and is available to support internal team members and other stakeholders.
- Prepare all internal facing and deliverables that are technology related.
- Convey timelines, deliverables, risks delays, and impacts to project manager and project team members.
- Participate a detailed due diligence on the scope of work and specific areas to be implemented.
- Provide fully documented procedures, run books, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service.
- Represent the Operations teams at all project meetings to define and implement system acceptance criteria.
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed service acceptance criteria.
- Resolve escalations from the service partners and handle stakeholders support requests as well as take ownership of issues and ensuring closure is achieved.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly management and operational reports.
- Participate in end-to-end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in ServiceNow development, configuration and administration, including but not limited to successful deployments as lead.
- Experience with ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge, Event Management, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of business process management/automation.
- Good understanding of IT service processes and technologies in line with ITIL best practice.
- Excellent English oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- ServiceNow Certifications (Implementers, Administrators, Developer)
- Advanced skills with ServiceNow Development APIs
- Discovery, Orchestration, Service Mapping a plus
- Web service integration experience
- RDBMS/SQL experience
- ITIL Qualification (Intermediate certificate)