IT ArchitectSeptember 8, 2023
ITnova is an IT and Engineering company that supports our Local, State and Federal Government with innovative, and flexible IT services and solutions by offering affordable and cutting edge technologies that decreasing cost, increase services offerings, and improve government cyber security posture.
Job Description MS SQL Server Database Administrator
Customer Maryland Port Administration
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contract Period: Five-year base period with one five-year option period.
- Administering all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server including Replication,
- Backup/Restore procedures, Capacity Planning and related components,
- Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and Integration Services.
- Recommending/implementing solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
- Assisting with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance to maintain license compliance.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Migrating the Databases from SQL Server 2016 to SQL Server 2022.
- Providing support for maintenance plans (including DBCC), backup, recovery, and highly availability SQL Server solutions, including Replication Models (Snapshot/Transactional).
- Disaster Recovery planning, execution, and testing.
- Performing database activities, such as monitoring, space management, and support, as well as extended hours of support for database systems when required.
- Maintaining documentation of data standards, procedures, and definitions for data dictionary.
- Migrate data from Oracle to MS SQL Server database.
- Providing all aspects of basic systems administration support, such as installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Supporting virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV, creating and configuring virtual machines.
- Conducting constant performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required in both Physical and Virtual servers.
- Providing Network Administration support with knowledge in network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP) and network devices (Routers, Switches, Fibers).
- Support and administer applications such as Access Control and Kleinport, etc.
- Implement/deploy Microsoft Technologies, such as Visual Studio Framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and Web Services.
- Performing backups of the web, application, and database servers according to MPA policies and procedures. This shall include daily incremental backups and full weekly backups of all volumes of servers
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Database Administration, or related field.