PL SQL Developer / Data AnalystAugust 16, 2023
MS SQL Server Database AdministratorSeptember 8, 2023
ITnova is an IT and Engineering company that supports our Local, State and Federal Government with innovative, and flexible IT services and solutions by offering affordable and cutting edge technologies that decreasing cost, increase services offerings, and improve government cyber security posture.
Job Description IT Architect
Customer: Maryland Port Administration
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contract Period: Three-year base period with one two-year renewal option period.
- Identify technological risks and ensure IT solutions prove to be consistent with acceptable risk levels while meeting all the necessary requirements.
- Conduct new technology exploration complemented by proposals, feasibility studies and proof of concept plans, leading to the successful implementation of new technology solutions.
- Evaluate and develop effective AI solution architecture and strategy using approaches of various AI technologies and analyzing MPA’s data and business requirements and methods to address customers’ business problems and needs while complying with MPA strategies, business goals, and key ethical considerations.
- Evaluate MPA requirements and formulate solutions in the form of systems and services that are consistent with available operational resources and capabilities of the MPA’s digital infrastructure.
- Work with the network support team to support the design and management of data communications networks.
- Formulate automation solutions supporting the MPA’s business processes.
- Design and implement solutions included in strategic plans, presenting automation plans and providing guidance to MPA management.
- Collect and analyze performance data to uncover potential systemic problems, identify areas for improvement, calculate the potential cost of outages, and prepare for emergencies.
- Formulate software solutions aligned with the enterprise architecture, guidelines, and policies. Provide technical expertise on activities involving
- software architecture, application architecture, data architecture, application architecture, and software development.
- Ensure IT solutions support the MPA’s goals and are properly managed and maintained.
- Ensure physical security and cyber security requirements are included and addressed by all IT solutions in general and by customer-phasing applications in particular.
- Formulate goals and objectives required for project initiation, planning,
- analysis, and control. Coordinate with the project manager the necessary criteria for successful project execution.
- Coordinate the installation and implementation of database management system software and related software tools to ensure IT solutions meet the expectations of system users and are properly supported by vendors and other data processing staff.
- Establish data recovery processes to minimize data losses and system downtime by implementing data protection solutions, including backup routines for database management system software and handling of stored data.
- Monitor database performance and make modifications and adjustments to database architecture, storage methods, and management system software to fine tune the database for optimum response time.
- Ensure database management systems provide interfaces that may be readily available to other data processing units.
- Troubleshoot problems related to database file space, database software, data flow, and data storage or data access.
- Provide support to MPA staff in the development and preparation of grant/contract proposals and applications.
- Review grant/contract applications for completeness and adherence to the requirements of the funding agency and State policies.
- Review project budgets for accuracy and compliance
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.