Firewall Administrator-Security Engineer SpecialistNovember 17, 2023
Industrial Control System (ICS) Consultant – SpecialistNovember 17, 2023
- ITnova is an IT and engineering consulting company dedicated to supporting government agencies with innovative and flexible IT solutions. With our advanced technology, we are committed to supporting the Federal and State government’s mission and goals while providing seamless customer service.
- At our company nothing is more important than our people. Supporting and protecting our employees, families, and community has been, and continues to be, our focus.
- Hybrid with onsite work at 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City NJ with possible meetings at other Port Authority Facilities in the NY/NJ area
Scope of work
- The firewall security engineer will design, build, and manage the security infrastructure of Port Authority information technology (IT) systems. This includes installing hardware, software, configuring firewalls, setting up virtual private networks (VPNs), and upgrades. Engage with clients, relaying information about the project and troubleshooting all issues. Proficient in change management and disaster response. Work with other engineers to resolve critical issues. Occasional off hours support sometimes required.
- Review and implement firewall rule changes working through a ticketing system.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security Team along with Network Operations to complete projects on schedule.
- Review client and policy requirements for security systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and developers towards a secure technical approach.
- Installation of software and hardware components of firewalls and other portions of security infrastructure.
- Configure firewalls for usage, manage their day-to-day operations, and perform regular maintenance through upgrades and patches.
- Track and manage licenses status for renewal, upgrade, etc.
- Fully test, monitor and document system changes through change process.
- Support and maintain web proxy, VPN, firewalls, and other network traffic management (occasionally off hours)
- Monitor security devices and applications for performance problems.
- Write and maintain documentation on process procedures, device statuses, firewall block lists, and other important technical areas.
- Manage projects related to implementing Cyber Security tools and products (not necessarily firewall).
- Create diagrams of network topologies and record details of troubleshooting processes.
- Follow policies and standards to support network security and regulatory requirements. As well as recommend changes to policies and standards as technology develops.
- Support and provide evidence and services to audit teams in a timely manner.
- Enforce quality control and ensure output meets project requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a security engineering role using the following technologies: Checkpoint firewalls, & Cisco firewalls, Splunk.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and switching.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Tools such as, RedSeal.
- CISSP, CISM certification or similar.
- Understanding of threat modeling.