Business Systems Programmer (SharePoint Adm) ProgrammerNovember 17, 2023
Firewall Security EngineerNovember 17, 2023
- ITnova is an IT and engineering consulting company dedicated to supporting government agencies with innovative and flexible IT solutions. With our advanced technology, we are committed to supporting the Federal and State government’s mission and goals while providing seamless customer service.
- At our company nothing is more important than our people. Supporting and protecting our employees, families, and community has been, and continues to be, our focus.
- Hybrid with onsite work at 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City NJ with possible meetings at other Port Authority Facilities in the NY/NJ area
Scope of work
- The Firewall Administrator/Security Engineer Consultant shall work with the NIOS group of the Port Authority’s Technology Department (TEC), which is responsible for managing the network infrastructure for the agency.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Security Engineer role with the following technologies: Checkpoint, Cisco Firewalls & Splunk
- Must be willing and able to support initiatives occasionally during off hours
Job Responsibilities :
Under the supervision of the IT Security Manager, the successful candidate will design, build, and manage the security infrastructure of Port Authority information technology (IT) systems. This includes installing hardware, software, configuring firewalls, setting up virtual private networks (VPNs), and upgrades. Engage with clients, relaying information about the project and troubleshooting all issues. Proficient in change management and disaster response. Apply and adhere to policies and standards for all projects. Work with other engineers to resolve critical issues:
- Manage projects related to implementing Cyber Security tools and products (not necessarily firewall).
- Work with teams outside of Cyber Security to complete projects.
- Meet deadlines.
- Review client requirements for security systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and developers towards a secure technical approach.
- Installation software and hardware components of firewalls and other portions of security infrastructure.
- Configure firewalls for usage, manage their day-to-day operations, and perform regular maintenance through upgrades and patches.
- Track and manage licenses status for renewal, upgrade, etc.
- Review and implement firewall rule changes per client’s specifications as necessary.
- Fully test, monitor and document system changes.
- Support and maintain proxy, VPN and other network traffic management.
- Work closely with Network Operations.
- Monitor security devices and applications for performance problems.
- Provide troubleshooting support for clients.
- Analyze the root causes and resolve them promptly.
- Write and maintain documentation on process procedures, device statuses, firewall block lists, and other important technical areas.
- Create diagrams of network topologies and record details of troubleshooting processes.
- Follow policies and standards to support network security and regulatory requirements.
- Support and provide evidence and services to audit teams in a timely manner.
- Recommend changes to policies and standards as technology develops.
- Enforce quality control and ensure output meets project requirements.
- Must sign PA Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Must obtain Secure Workers Access Consortium (SWAC) background check.