Power BI DeveloperAugust 8, 2023
Senior Computer SpecialistAugust 15, 2023
ITnova is an IT and Engineering company that supports our Local, State and Federal Government with innovative, and flexible IT services and solutions by offering affordable and cutting edge technologies that decreasing cost, increase services offerings, and improve government cyber security posture.
Job Description – Computer Systems Programmer (senior)
Client: State Highway Administration
Location: SHA Headquarters, Office of Information Technology (OIT) 707 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, MD 21202
Duration: 4 years
- Provide technical expertise and advice to Modes and SHA staff and management including, but not limited to, options for addressing issues, design alternatives, code reviews, testing, as well as research and recommendations on new technologies.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other Computer Specialists as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, mentoring sessions, communicating job expectations, peer review of deliverables, performance monitoring, enforcing policies, procedures, and standards, and providing feedback on the assigned project managers performance to SHA OIT management.
- Distribute assignments to other Computer Specialist and/or Computer Specialists (Senior) Personnel as directed by the TO Manager.
- Oversee tasks and deliverables assigned to other Computer Specialist and/or Computer Specialist (Senior) Personnel as directed by the TO Manager.
- Provide guidance on environmental and application designs.
- Provide advance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Assist the project team in the preparation of project documentation including, but not limited to: Design Document, Interface Control Documents, Source Code Documents, Test Data and Test Cases, Test Reports with Results, User Guides, Administration Guides, Release Notes, Security Procedures, Specifications, Disaster Recovery Plans .
- Respond to information requests that business users submit through MDOT and SHA’s automated Help Desk Application (Maximo). TO Contractor Personnel shall adhere to new automated application if current technology is replaced during the contract period.
- Create and update migration schedules with plans that will minimize the impact on production and mission critical systems.
- Train end users on assigned applications, as needed.
- Attending organizational meetings, as directed by the SHA Contract Manager.
- Perform backups for applications and configuration data.
- Maintain configuration and version control using Team Foundation Server and/or DevOps.
- Perform integration testing on any code and configuration changes prior to releasing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by MDOT and SHA Management.
Existing System Maintenance Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support for various MDOT and SHA applications and technologies, as required.
- Remediate application defects reported through Maximo.
- Assist in the development of application maintenance plans for scheduled maintenance activities.
- Recommend and assist in the development and implementation of maintenance plans for system upgrades and technology refreshes.
- Develop system source code and executables using, but not limited to, the following primary technologies (see below).
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, documentation as directed by MDOT and SHA.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher. It may be substituted for the general and specialized experience.
- A master’s degree. It may be substituted for two years of general and specialized experience.
- Microsoft Access 2007 or later version
- C#.NET, VB.NET, Visual Basic 6.0 or later version, ASP.NET, ASP 3.0 or later version
- SalesForce.com Visualforce/APEX, Lightning components
- PowerBuilder v12.6 or later version
- MS DevOps, TFS, GIT
- Power Platform (e.g., Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Pages, Power Virtual Agents, etc.)
- Qlik Sense
- AASHTOWare software includes but not limited to Preconstruction and Estimator.
- Oracle, MY SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL