Website ITnova, LCC
· Medical benefits
· Paid-time-off and
· Training reimbursement.
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.
A Physician Assistant is the intermediate level of work performing delegated medical acts under the direction of a licensed physician and in compliance with controlling statutes and regulations. Employees in this classification do not supervise other positions. Employees in this classification receive moderate supervision from a licensed Physician. Positions in this classification are evaluated by using the classification job evaluation methodology. The use of this method involves comparing assigned duties and responsibilities of a position to the job criteria found in the Nature of Work and Examples of Work Sections of the class specification. The Physician Assistant performs the full range of duties and responsibilities under general supervision.
Provide “urgent care,” “sick call,” and physicals on civilian, sworn, applicant and allied personnel. Provide direct medical support and oversight during critical incidents, extended or homeland security operations, activities with an increased risk of injury; Facilitate safe and effective return to duty of sick or injured personnel consistent with policy and Medical Director guidance; Utilize MSU equipment—autoclave, Cepheid testing instrument, cardiac treadmill and electrocardiogram, hearing screening test device, and as requested by the Medical Director; Assist the Medical Director with certain administrative duties when requested. Provide instruction (Academy, In-service, other) as requested; Travel may be required to cover sick call or other trainings at locations such as Sykesville/Academy, Liberty Range, Harford-CSD Range, WarWic CC, etc.— (civilian use of state vehicle training would be needed) Other duties as requested related to the health and welfare of the members of the Maryland State Police, allied agencies and interconnected persons.
Determined by the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance under the certification requirements for Physician Assistants.
· Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and bacteriology;
· Skill in taking complete, detailed and accurate patient histories;
· Skill in reviewing patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports;
· Skill in performing physical examinations and recording all pertinent data;
· Skill in interpreting and evaluating patient data as authorized by the supervising Physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients;
· Skill in initiating requests for or performing diagnostic procedures as indicated by pertinent data and as authorized by the supervising Physician;
· Ability to follow a Physician’s instructions with accuracy and care;
· Ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, clients and professional and nonprofessional coworkers.
· One year of experience performing the duties of a Physician Assistant.
Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Physician Assistant classifications or Physician Assistant specialty codes in the Physician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
· CPR certified;
· Techno-friendly, problem-solver and/or fast learner;
· Interest in Occupational Medicine, Operational Medicine, Primary Care and government service
· Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate, or be eligible for certification, as a Physician Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 and in good standing.
· Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a valid driver’s license and capable of driving to and from assigned locations.